18th Workshop on Agents for Complex Systems
in the framework of
23rd International Symposium on Symbolic and Numeric Algorithms for Scientific Computing
7-10 December, 2021
- 15 July 2021: Paper submission
- 30 September 2021: Notification of acceptance
- 15 October 2021: Registration
- 15 October 2021: Revised papers according to the reviews
- 7-10 December 2021: Workshop
+ Adina Magda Florea, “Politehnica” University of Bucharest, Romania
+ Costin Bădică, University of Craiova, Romania
Autonomous agents are software entities that are capable of independent action in open, unpredictable environments. Agents and multi-agent systems are currently applied in diverse domains that require complex problem solving models. The aim of the workshop is to bring together researchers and developers from academia and industry in order to discuss current scientific and technical results on using agent technology for solving complex, distributed real-world problems. The workshop welcomes submissions of original, high-quality papers reporting on models or systems that have been or are being implemented.
Experience reports and application demonstrators are particularly welcome.
Specific topics of this workshop include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Agent-based distributed problem solving
- Reinforcement learning
- Multi-agent learning
- Agent based modeling of complex systems
- Agents in game theory
- Agent based scheduling and planning
- Agent based resource and service discovery
- Agents and emergent behavior
- Synergies between agents and complex social networks
- Multi-agent systems for the Internet of Things
- Web-based multi-agent systems applications
- Multi-agent based trustworthy computing
- Agent-based personal assistants for smart HCI
We invite submissions in the form of:
+ research papers,
+ extended abstracts
Research papers must contain original research results not submitted and not published elsewhere. Authors which want to present work in progress or discuss new aspects or a survey of their older research results at the workshop are welcome to submit an extended abstract (up to 4 pages). Papers will be refereed and accepted on the basis of their scientific merit and relevance to the Workshop topics.
Research papers that are accepted and presented at the symposium will be collected as proceedings published by IEEE Conference Publishing Service (CPS) (included in IEEE Xplore) and will be submitted for indexing in ISI Web of Science, DBLP, SCOPUS.
Extended versions of the papers accepted and presented at the workshop will be considering to be published as a special issue in the Mathematics and Computer Science Annals of the West University of Timisoara or in SCPE – Scalable Computing: Practice and Experience (SCOPUS indexed). Other possibilities for publication will be formulated soon after the workshop.
Local Workshop organizers
+ Gabriel Iuhasz — West University of Timisoara , Romania, gabriel.iuhasz at e-uvt.ro
+ Monica Tirea — West University of Timișoara, Romania, monica.tirea at e-uvt.ro