Special session on
Advances in Computational, Symbolic and Secure Algorithms for Permissioned and Permissionless Blockchains
in the framework of
23rd International Symposium on Symbolic and Numeric Algorithms for Scientific Computing
7-10 December, 2021
- 31 July 2021: Paper submission (extended deadline)
- 30 September 2021: Notification of acceptance
- 15 October 2021: Registration
- 15 October 2021: Revised papers according to the reviews
- 7-10 December 2021: Workshop
This special session focuses on the latest developments in computational, symbolic and secure algorithms for permissioned and permissionless blockchain technologies. We encourage submissions pertaining to innovative consensus mechanisms for blockchains, symbolic computation and its application in smart-contracts for blockchains, new architectures as well as new computational approaches to enhancing performance, scalability and reliability in both permissionless and permissioned blockchains. This special session also welcomes submissions on symbolic and formal verification algorithms with direct smart-contract applications to be used in blockchain technology, as well as secure mechanisms and algorithms for enhancing the security of smart-contracts, alongside algorithms for improved data security and privacy in blockchain-alike architectures.
Papers of up to 8 pages prepared according to the CPS template must be submitted electronically using the submission system that will be later accessible through EasyChair.
Research papers must contain original research results not submitted and not published elsewhere. Authors who want to present work in progress or discuss new aspects or a survey of their older research results at the workshop are welcome to submit an extended abstract (up to 4 pages). Papers will be refereed and accepted on the basis of their scientific merit and relevance to the workshop topics.
List of topics
- Security-focused algorithms in blockchain technology
- Models for enhancing computational workloads in blockchain technology
- Symbolic algorithms and computing with special applications to blockchain technology
- Performance-driven algorithms for enhancing processing capabilities in blockchain technology
- Innovative models of consensus mechanisms based on computational, symbolic and/or secure algorithms for blockchain processing
- Ciprian Pungilă, West University of Timișoara, Email: ciprian.pungila at e-uvt.ro
- Ruxandra Olimid, Norwegian University of Science and Technology (Norway)