Workshop on Iterative Approximation of Fixed Points
in the framework of
16th International Symposium on Symbolic and Numeric Algorithms for Scientific Computing
September 22 – 25, 2014
+ Submission of papers (FIRM extended deadline): July 30, 2014
+ Notification of acceptance: August 17, 2014
+ Final paper: September 05, 2014
+ Registration: September 1, 2014
+ Symposium: September 22 – 25, 2014
+ Revised papers for postproceedings: November 30, 2014
* Vasile Berinde, Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, Technical Univ. of Cluj-Napoca, North University Center at Baia Mare, Romania
* Stefan Maruster, Department of Computer Science, West Univ. of Timisoara, Romania
* Ioan A Rus, Department of Mathematics, Univ. “Babes-Bolyai”, Cluj-Napoca, Romania
The workshop seeks to gather together scientists working in the field of Fixed Point Theory with special emphasis on the iterative methods for fixed point approximation. We hope that it will highlight the most recent advances in various branches of this area and will be an opportunity to exchange ideas and new results.
* Fixed point theory for various classes of contractive type operators.
* Convergence and stability of fixed point iterative algorithms
* Ulam-Hyers stability and fixed points
* Applications of fixed point theory
Papers of up to 1 page must be submitted electronically using the submission system accessible at https://www.easychair.org/conferences/?conf=synasc2014workshops
The papers accepted for presentation will be included in a locally edited proceedings (electronic version on a memory stick).
Extended versions of the papers accepted and presented at the workshop will be considering to be published as a special issue in the Mathematics and Computer Science Annals of the West University of Timisoara (http://users.math.uvt.ro/~anmath/) or in SCPE – Scalable Computing: Practice and Experience (http://www.scpe.org/) (under ISI Thomson evaluation).
Other possibilities for publication will be formulated soon after the workshop.
+ Dorel Mihet, West University of Timisoara
+ Claudia Zaharia, West University of Timisoara
Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
North University Center at Baia Mare
Technical University of Cluj-Napoca
Victoriei nr. 76
Baia Mare, Romania